If you are not familiar with massage you may be wondering if it is for you. I believe it can be if you fit in one of these categories.
* People who use their bodies for work. Are you on your feet a lot? Do you do much lifting? Do you do repetitive motions? Doing the same thing daily for many months or years will have an effect on your body. Some muscles will get overused and others will be underused, leading to muscle imbalance. Massage can relieve those pains to help you feel better.
* People who are active. Do you exercise a lot? It doesn’t have to be a sport – it can be yard work or keeping up with your kids. Massage can help your body to recover and keep you from slowing down.
* People who are not active. Are you stuck at your desk, in meetings, or traveling a lot? Muscles can get stiff and tight from not using them. Massage can help you get those muscles loose and limber again.
* People with stress. Everybody has some stress, but an excessive amount is bad for your body and mind. I can massage the stress out, capture it in the sheets, and not let it follow you out the door.
* People who need to take care of themselves. Do you have your hands full taking care of family, work, or other responsibilities? Massage can provide a brief peace to remind yourself that you can handle what needs done. It’s a time when you allow somebody else to take care of you for a while.
If one of these describes you, then massage can help. I hear so often from individuals after their first massage that they are convinced and will be back. They usually regret not having tried it before. If you have questions, do some research and talk to some friends who have had massages, ask me whatever you are wondering about, and then give it a try. I’ve never had anybody leave regretting they came in.
Barry is a licensed Massage Therapist at Main Street Massage in Hudson, Ohio. Find out more about him, his business, and massage at www.HudsonMassageTherapy.com